Breathe new life into soft furnishings, carpets and your environment.
Treasured fabrics such as fine rugs, carpets and tapestries can be restored to their former glory with the expert assistance of Pilgrim Payne’s fine rug department. Revival of colour and removal of damaging dirt will enhance their true beauty and extend the life of these valuable investments (collection and delivery is inclusive).
Pilgrim Payne & Co has been caring for fine fabrics and textiles for over 165 years and boasts a pedigree that has earned it two prestigious Royal Warrants of Appointment. The curtain, carpet and upholstery cleaning specialist, has a client list which includes deluxe hotels, city clubs and institutions, as well as prestigious embassies, Ambassadorial residences and the palatial homes of heads of state. Most recently, its work has ranged from a £80,000 Flemish tapestry to a decadent mink bedcover.
With an envied reputation as fine curtain makers, and as Industry Partner of the British Institute of Interior Design, Pilgrim Payne understands how to care for valuable fabrics and fine furnishings to maintain colour and appearance and prolong the life of fabrics and your investment.
Pilgrim Payne offers a full take down, clean and re-hang service on all curtains, pelmets, swags and tails, carried out in accordance with stringent standards and with a full non-shrinkage guarantee.
As members of the National Carpet Cleaners Association, the company offers a total care service for valuable carpets and upholstered furniture. Utilising the latest developments in on-location cleaning, they are thoroughly revived with the utmost care. The removal of dirt and grit not only restores appearance but also prevents premature ageing of the fibres by abrasion and creates a healthier living environment.
The scope of the interior renovation work is not limited to the Plant itself. There is a fleet of technicians in Operational areas offering carpet, upholstery, fabric walling and on-site curtain cleaning if required. Furthermore, services have broadened to include curtain making, relining and alteration works, maintenance of vertical and venetian blinds and an upholstery and re-upholstery service.
Staff have up to 30 year’s experience and, if necessary, security cleared personnel can be provided by the company.
Regular cleaning of soft furnishings is not only vital to keep them in tip top condition but also rids the home of harmful soil and grit, in addition to health harming dust mites and bacteria. Here are a few facts that explain why professional cleaning is key to this regime:
- Draperies trap heating and cooking vapours, soil, dust, pollen and bacteria. Some residues turn into sulphuric acid deteriorating fabric and fading colours
- Dust dims colours, erodes the strength of fibre and its shape is proven to have an abrasive or cutting effect on fabrics
- Dust mites account for 95 percent of house-dust sensitivity and the mite proliferates in the bedroom where we spend one-third of our time
- Thorough, professional cleaning represents value for money when considering the cost of replacing carpets and furnishings
Whatever assistance you require in maintaining the appearance of your home, Pilgrim Payne provides a service that is tailor made to your own special needs:
- Curtains taken down, cleaned and reinstalled with full non-shrinkage guarantee
- On-location cleaning of carpets, upholstered furniture, fabric walling etc
- Cleaning of fine rugs (including Persian rugs) and tapestries
- Take off, cleaning and refitting of loose covers
- Application of fabric and carpet protector
- New curtain, relining and alteration service carried out on our own premises
- Re-upholstery carried out by craftsmen
- Flame retarding service for curtains